The paramus 4th of july committee is a nonpolitical group comprised of volunteers affiliated with the borough of paramus and appointed by the mayor. the committee has the responsibility of providing free events for our families from the borough of paramus in an effort to celebrate our nation's birthday. the 4th of july celebration should not be used as a political/commercial event nor as an affiliation with any special interest group. rather, these events are for the enjoyment of our families and our great community.
general committee policies
- All parade entries must be suitable for a family audience
- It is the responsibility of each individual organization to provide ample adult supervision for all children involved in their line-up area as well as along the entire parade route
- For the health and safety of our patrons, organizations may not distribute items of any nature at any of our events. The committee has an obligation and priority to our patrons and parade participant's safety when it comes to organizations:
- Examples: Political literature, candy, flags, etc.
- Handing out literature in our events takes away the spirit of celebrating our nation's birthday. To avoid littering in our great community, refrain from handing out literature and enjoy our celebration with your families
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited in all events
- All participants must keep up with the pace of the parade. Failure to keep up will result in removal
- All participants in the parade must complete the parade route
- Drivers of all vehicles in the parade must be licensed operators, parade marshals will be checking all credentials prior to the start of the parade
- Organizations/vendors are prohibited from selling items to patrons at any of our events without the permission of the committee
- Monetary donations/collections for special interest, political, and commercial groups are strictly prohibited
- Patrons, parade participants, and vendors using water guns, pellet guns, fireworks, sparklers, etc. are strictly prohibited at all events
- For security and safety purposes, all bags are subject to search at all events
- The 4th of July committee has the right to revoke an applicaiton at any time